Who can argue with chocolate? I’m not a stasher but people close to me are. I love my chocolate with peanut butter, case in point Chocolate Peanut Clusters, Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, Chocolate Covered Peanuts. This cookie version is terrific and a real kid pleaser, even grown up kids. I’ve been making these cookies at Christmas time and any old time for decades. Everybody in the fam loves ‘em and never fails on the holiday cookie platter.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Buttons
2. Add eggs, milk and vanilla and stir to combine.
3. In another bowl, combine flour, soda and salt then add and blend well.
4. Shape into 1” balls, roll in sugar and line on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 375 degrees for 11-13 minutes.
5. Remove from the oven and immediately press one chocolate button or kiss, point down, into the center of each cookie. Let cool and serve. Freezes well.
• Exchange chocolate buttons for Hershey’s Kisses, regular, dark or any other designer version of kisses.
• Use dark or light brown sugar.
Inspiration— Jill Dance
sauces over under and through
More Chocolate Peanut Butter Recipes
Smitten Kitchen—Chocolate Peanut Butter Spread
Bakerella—Peanut Butter Fudge
Brown Eyed Baker—No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies
Saucy Cuisine—Reese’s Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcakes