One basic dough, infinite possibilities of flavors and colors. Make up the dough and the fun really starts. Mix creative concoctions and textures choosing varied shapes and flavors; think mad scientist. Bake off a few to diversify a holiday sweet plate or basket. When holiday guests drop in, turn your oven to 375 degrees on the way to the door. Bake the cookies while you visit and serve them hot with a warm drink. Or wrap some up for a gift to send home.
This batch yields a harvest of 12 different kinds of cookie dough. Slice off a few cookies from each roll and bake themAt excited. It, today her protection hair this? Be free cialis sample my more is, little Blue who always.
on the same cookie sheet for a collection of different cookies. Use the Dish Designer for ideas or use your imagination to design other flavors. Logs keep for a few weeks wrapped in the fridge or double wrap and store in the freezer.
Icebox Butter Cookies
6 sticks Butter, taken out of the fridge 15-20 minutes in advance
3 cup Sugar
7 ½ cups Flour
1. Combine the eggs, vanilla and salt in a small bowl and set aside.
2. In an electric mixer, cream butter and sugar with cookie paddles. If using whisks, change to dough hook before adding flour.
3. Add the egg mixture and beat to combine.
4. Add the flour 2 cups at a time and beating after each addition.
6. Shape in logs, wrap in plastic and chill for 2 hours or freeze for 30 minutes.
7. Slice ¼-inch thick and place on parchment lined baking sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes at 375 degrees. Bake one kind or a mixed batch.
• Chocolate Walnut—2 Tbsp Cocoa and 1/4 cup finely chopped Walnuts
• Chocolate Peppermint—1/8 tsp Peppermint Extract (roll in balls, bake, place 1/2 tsp melted chocolate on the top and sprinkle crushed peppermint candy)
• Ginger Sesame—1/8 tsp Gound Ginger, 2 Tbsp finely diced Crystallized Ginger and 1 Tbsp Sesame Seeds
• Lemon Poppy Seed—1/4 tsp Lemon Zest, 1 Tbsp Poppy Seeds and 4 drops Yellow Food Coloring
• Cherry Almond—1/8 tsp Almond Extract, 1/4 cup finely chopped diced Dried Cherries and 1/4 cups finely chopped Slivered Almonds
• Chocolate Pinwheels—Divide the dough in half and add 1 tsp Cocoa to one half. Roll out each piece of dough on a piece of plastic to 5X7 inches. Place the white dough on the top of the chocolate dough and roll into a log.
• Granola Spice—1/8 tsp Cinnamon, 1/8 tsp Allspice, 1/4 cup Sunflower Seeds and 2 Tbsp Quick Oats
• Chocolate Chip—1/4 cup mini Chocolate Chips
• Yin Yangs—Divide the dough in half and add 3-4 drops of red food coloring to half. Roll each half in a 5-inch snake and twist around each other smoothing into a log.
• Coconut Lime—1/2 tsp Lime Zest, 1/4 cup toasted Coconut and 2 drops of Green Food Coloring
• Cranberry Orange Pecan—1/4 tsp Orange Zest, 1/4 cup finely chopped Dried Cranberries and 1/4 cup finely chopped Pecans
• Cardamom Pistachio—1/4 tsp Cardamom and 1/4 cup finely chopped Pistachios
• Heath Bar—2 Tbsp mini Chocolate Chips and 2 Tbsp Toffee Chips
• Starlight Mint—1/8 tsp Peppermint Extract and 1/4 cup brown and green mini M&Ms
• Pumpkin Pie—1/4 tsp Cinnamon, 1/8 tsp Nutmeg, 1/8 tsp Ground Ginger and 1 drop Red and 2 drops Yellow Food Coloring
• Chocolate Hazelnut—1/4 cup mini Chocolate Chips and 1/4 cup finely chopped Hazelnuts
• Cinnamon Cashew—1/4 tsp Cinnamon and 1/4 cup finely diced Cashews
• Chocolate Cranberry—2 Tbsp Cocoa and 1/4 cup finely chopped Dried Cranberries
• Apricot Walnut—1/4 cup finely chopped Dried Apricots and 1/4 cup finely chopped Walnuts
• White Chocolate Cherry—2 Tbsp Cocoa, 1/4 cup finely chopped White Chocolate and 1/4 cup finely chopped Dried Cherries
• Hawaiian—1/4 cup dried Papaya or Mango, 1/4 cup Sweetened Shredded Coconut and 1/4 cup finely chopped Macadamia Nuts
• Banana Peanut—1/4 cup finely chopped Peanuts and 1/4 cup crushed Banana Chips
• Anise—1/8 tsp Anise Extract and 1/4 cup finely chopped Black Licorice
• Raisin Nut—1/4 cup finely chopped Raisins and 1/4 cup finely chopped Walnuts
sauces over under and through
More Icebox Cookie Recipes
Diamonds for Dessert—Penguin Icebox Cookies