This class is designed for students who already know how to make sushi rice. I recommend taking the Beginning Sushi Class first but it’s not required.
- Roll Maki-zushi, both Futomaki and Hosomaki, such as California Roll, Spicy Tuna Roll, Shrimp and Cucumber Roll
- Use a variety of fish, seafood and vegetables including sashimi
- Roll Uramaki-sushi such as Smoked Salmon Roll and Crab with Chives
- Cook Misoshiru including information about miso paste and dashi
- Suggestions about where to purchase sushi ingredients, Asian grocers and fish markets
Former Students said:
“Excellent class. I learned so much even though I was familiar with the cuisine. Great variety of sushi rolls and sauces.”
“Learning by doing, eating my way through a demonstration is a delight.”
“Helen is extremely prepared to teach and has an easy process to follow. She’s also generous with the food to share and eat!”
Optional Sushi Starter Kit may be purchased for $42, if desired. Click here for more details and/or purchase.
This is a hands on and tasting class!
For questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
Class location: 8502 16th Street #215
Silver Spring, Maryland
Crossroads of 16th Street and East-West Hwy
Helen Horton, Instructor
Helen lived in Japan for over 5 years and learned to make sushi from her Japanese neighbors. She also took a class from Master Sushi Chef Tetsura Abe, a Toyko native, owner of the Ginza in Salt Lake City, Utah. She’s been rolling sushi for 28 years. She’ll show you how they serve restaurant quality sushi at home. Helen prepares sushi for her family on a regular basis and has made it for dinner parties. Find out more about cooking, recipes and food talk on SaucyCuisine.com.