- Steam and season Sushi Rice using a rice cooker or saucepan
- Make Temaki-zushi and Chirashi-zushi
- select and prep fish, sea food and vegetables (no raw fish in this demo, includes info about where to find sushi grade tuna)
- Prepare Pickled Cucumbers
- Serve 30-Minute Sushi with suggestions for kids
- Accompaniments: wasabi, pickled ginger, edamame
- Where to purchase sushi ingredients, Asian grocers and fish markets
Former students said:
“Hands on! I like to learn things by watching youtube, and this was a hundred times better!”
“I really want to come back for the intermediate class”
“I liked having a thorough handout so I didn’t have to take notes!”
“Very excited for the next class”
“Excellent food. Very Friendly.”
“I hope to take the other courses in the future.”
Optional Sushi Starter Kit may be purchased for $42, if desired. Click here for more details and/or purchase.
This is a hands on and tasting class!
For questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
Class location: 8502 16th Street #215
Silver Spring, Maryland
Crossroads of 16th Street and East-West Hwy
Helen Horton, Instructor
Helen lived in Japan for over 5 years and learned to make sushi from her Japanese neighbors. She also took a class from Master Sushi Chef Tetsura Abe, a Toyko native, owner of the Ginza in Salt Lake City, Utah. She’s been rolling sushi for 28 years. She’ll show you how they serve restaurant quality sushi at home. Helen prepares sushi for her family on a regular basis and has made it for dinner parties. Find out more about cooking, recipes and food talk on SaucyCuisine.com.